terms and conditions.
- The Client: The recipient of the service.
- The Agreement: The contract that exists between the client and the makeup artist for the agreed fee.
- The fee: The amount payable by the client to the makeup artist for the services listed above.
- The deposit: The amount payable to secure an appointment.
- The event: Relates in principal to the date whereby the event the wedding takes place.
- The party: Additional members of the bridal party.
2. Securing the booking of the event or service
- The booking of the event is only reserved once the client has paid the non-refundable deposit of 25% of total to the makeup artist when booking bridal makeup or £5 deposit if booking lashes, brows, hair or occasion makeup.
- If the client cancels an appointment for lashes, brows, hair or occasion makeup with less than 1 weeks notice the deposit for future appointments will become £10.
- Arranging a trial for bridal makeup does not reserve the makeup artist’s services for the event itself.
- If a trial is required it must be paid for in full at the time of the booking along with paying the deposit
- Payments can be made in cash, via bank transfer or PayPal, cheques and card payments will not be accepted
- The non-refundable deposit of 25% paid by the client is taken off the final wedding day fee.
- The final wedding day fee is to be paid in full by the client on the day of the trial.
- The non refundable deposit of £5 for lashes, brows, hair or occasion makeup is taken off the fee on the day.
4. Booking amendments by the client
- Any amendments must be requested in writing with no less than 2 weeks notice. The makeup artist will endeavour to meet the requested amendments but may not always be possible.
- Any additional requirements or bridal party that are chargeable but were not included in the original quote must be paid for in full at the time of acceptance by the makeup artist.
5. Responsibility of the client
- The client shall inform the makeup artist of any issues that may affect the use of any equipment or products. This includes but is not limited to sensitivities, allergies and medical conditions. The makeup artist cannot be held liable for any losses that are incurred due to the client’s failure to inform them of any know condition. A client card will be completed by the client prior to any treatments to determine any contraindications.
- The makeup artist reserves the right to refuse service to the client or members the party for, but not limited to, abusive, threatening behaviour, unreasonable requests and any contraindications not mentioned to the makeup artist prior to the appointment that may affect the makeup artist or the operation of any kit to be used for the service. No refund of any monies paid prior to refusal will be offered.
- The client at any point in writing can cancel the event or appointment.
- The makeup artist will be under no obligation to refund any money paid up until point of cancellation, if cancellation occurs less than three months prior to the wedding then half of the full amount of the Wedding Fee will be payable by the client.
- The client can cancel a trial at any point, the fee paid is non refundable.
- Cancellations by the makeup artist due to circumstances including, but not limited to, problems rendering the makeup artists performance of their obligations where no other suitable alternative can be given a full refund will be given to the client. No further compensation will be offered.
- If the booking is directly affected by circumstance beyond the control of the makeup artist where possible the makeup artist will endeavour to rectify such situations however no compensation will be offered on the hair/makeup artist part. It is strongly advised you take out wedding insurance to cover you against these situations.
7. General Data Protection Regulation
- The client agrees that the makeup artist may use any photography for publicity purposes which include but are not limited to the makeup artists website and social media pages.
- The makeup artist will keep data for the duration of the clients custom. All data will be destroyed/erased 6 months after the clients final appointment.
- The makeup artist will keep the clients data for the purposes of health and safety and may use the data to contact the client in relation to future appointments and any special offers.
- The clients data will be stored on a secure, password protected system. The system can and will only be accessed by non other than the makeup artist on a mobile device that is finger print and password protected.
- The client card that the client completes at the appointment will be stored in a locked filing cabinet.
- The client may request that their data be destroyed/erased at any point in writing to the makeup artist.
8. Travel Expenses
- The client will cover any necessary travel expenses agreed prior and included in the quote and this is to include should it be required congestion charging /tunnel fees and parking charges.
9. Threatening or abusive behaviour
- Threatening, abusive or poor behaviour towards the makeup artist will not be tolerated. This includes but is not restricted to bad language, physical or verbal abuse, unreasonable requests. Any such behaviour will result in the makeup artist leaving immediately and not continuing with any further work on behalf of the client. In such circumstances, no refund will be given.
By financially securing your deposit you accept these terms of contract.